Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ramblings, Ruminations And A Wee Bit O'Sarcasm


OK, riddle me this, Batman{woman}:

Why does that liberal media ho, Gloria Allred, think she has any right whatsoever to file lawsuits against Nadya Suleman {OctoMom}?
I mean really, is she that hard up for attention? Now I am not saying that I think Nadya is Mother of The Year material, on the contrary, I think the bitch is nuckenfutz. But I do not think that she should be constantly threatened with CPS because she won't comply with Ms. Allred's demands. And if children only working so many hours of the day is an issue, then why hasn't the ho filed lawsuits against Jon & Kate Gosselin, The Duggars, The Roloffs or any of the other myriad of "reality" shows that feature families?

Stupid media ho!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you
ever gotten comments on your blog that just make your blood boil? Gotten emails that make you say WTF? Would you like an all purpose way to tell these crazy people to leave you alone, it's your life/blog and you will do what you want? Then grab the button I just made and post it on your blog or send it to those that vex and annoy you.




Yeah, I'm a little odd, so sue me!! What prompted this little graphics project was a comment I got telling me I was stupid {I have an IQ good enough for Mensa, so that person can stick it where the sun doesn't shine!} and the following strange phenomena in the bloggy world: Blog Flogging and readers thinking they can direct the content of the blogs they read. Umm, again, WTF???


If it's not your blog, then you have no right to tell the owner/author what they can and cannot post. Or when. So what if a particular blog is not the happiest place on Earth all the time? We're human and sometimes our meds stop working. I personally cannot stand shiny happy people who never have a bad day or moment. Unless you admit you are on some serious "happy pills" prescribed by your doctor, I'm going to assume you're nuts. Or a Stepford Wife. I want to know I am not alone in my daily struggles with marriage, Mommyhood and life in general.
I do not need to hear about how perfect your life is and how nothing ever goes wrong. I prefer reality.

But, if that certain group of people who feel they have the right to direct the content of someone else's blog are determined to have their voices heard, then I give this to my beleaguered bloggy buddies {this was actually thought up by my friend and I yesterday while on the phone. It was really her idea for the donation part, my idea was the PayPal button}: Donation Driven Content. All blog authors plagued by the phenomena of readers telling them what to do should get a PayPal Donate button, post it in their sidebar with the heading "The content of this blog is driven by the amount and frequency of donations received. If you want to see something posted on my blog, you need to pay me to do it. I don't work for free." Oh, snap!

Blog Flogging is a whole other can of worms. It is the practice of the mean girls from High School using the World Wide Webby as a virtual High School quad. You can read more about
my take on this stupid game here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long, exhaustive search, I found the top three recession/depression proof jobs:

  1. Prostitute ~ Men want to get their freak on without having to woo the girl. Courtship is expensive, especially in today's economy.
  2. Repo~Man ~ The economy tanks + people can't pay for the things they bought on credit = Repo Men have more business than they can handle.
  3. Funeral Director ~ Death does not care about a failed economy. Everybody dies eventually and somebody's got to bury them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My house looks like the "before" from an episode of "Clean House". Do you think I could just get them to come clean and organize for me without having to go on the show if I promise to blog about it? I would only ask for a new flat screen TV, entertainment unit, couch, toy box, Diva sized table and chair set and dresser. Do you think Niecey would be OK with that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Big Bro thinks that my Husband should apply for whatever affirmative action/disadvantaged minority programs are out there to help us buy a house. He said "Your Husband is a Spic and your daughter is half. You've got two, that should get you some Obama bucks for a house." If only it were that easy, Bro. But as soon as they found out he was a Republican college graduate who had never been in a a gang, I think our chances would be shot to hell. My Big Bro is also the one who coined the phrase "McSpics" for any children I have with my Husband. Get it? I'm almost 100% Irish and my Husband is kind of a Hispanic mutt. Our child(ren) is/are McSpics. Get it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm 38 years old, why the hell am I getting pimples? I didn't get pimples when I was a teenager. Is this some kind of cosmic retribution for having clear skin while I had raging adolescent hormones, was supposed to have acne but didn't and all of my friends were in Stridex hell?

What is up with this crap??? I finished puberty eons ago!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been asked to do a review and giveaway for EdenFantasys.com. I am not sure if I should do it or not. If I do, it will not be a review of a "toy". I am pretty brutally honest here, but my bedroom life is not bloggy fodder. I don't want to read about what another blogger has in her toy chest, so I doubt that any of you want to read about it either, even for as much as you all love me {I love you all back, you know}! They do have other items, like massage oils, candles, aroma therapy, bath products and lingerie, but what I need to know from you is if you would even enter a giveaway for a gift certificate for an online adult shop. Please be honest and leave me a comment. Thanks, guys. MUAH!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LMAO... I have had a pretty tough day today... then I read your blog and I'm laughing out loud. It seems to me that your saying what we're all thinking! Amen, sister!

Bee and Rose said...

Holy McSpics, Irish Girl! That was a smokin' post!

I have noticed the blog flog myself lately. What the hell? I love your donation idea! Hell yeah!

You just keep rockin' your blog the way it is, sister...IT's FREAKIN' AWESOME!

LadyStyx said...

That donations for entries sounds fab. No, no one has a right to trash you for what you have to say. They, in return , have the right to leave without leaving a comment if they cant be pleasant about things. It's easy....just click that little X in the right-hand corner.

ChicagoLady said...

Ummm, I hate to break it to ya, but I'm now 40, and the acne keeps coming. I was not blessed with clear skin during puberty, but it was not nearly as bad as it could have been. I'm really frustrated that I have to still wash my face and use anti-acne products. It better stop when menopause hits, or so help me god...........

ChicagoLady said...

Ummm, I hate to break it to ya, but I'm now 40, and the acne keeps coming. I was not blessed with clear skin during puberty, but it was not nearly as bad as it could have been. I'm really frustrated that I have to still wash my face and use anti-acne products. It better stop when menopause hits, or so help me god...........

 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |