Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Got Another Award. This One Is Really Cool, Too!

Court, over at Kaiya's Laughter Heals, has presented me with this Lemonade Stand Award. I am so honored. Truly.

She specifically noted my Cervical Cancer story as evidence of being a trooper. I beg to differ, as all I did was my best to survive with some of my sanity intact, the rest was all by the Grace of God. But I do thank Court for her compliment. If even only one woman reads my story & gets herself or a loved one checked and/or immunized against HPV, then I have done my job.

Oh, yeah, and she thinks I have a great attitude...LOL! Well, I do have an attitude, but not everybody thinks it's a great one! But I digress...

Maybe it's because I am so grateful to be alive, Cancer free for three years, able to be with my family everyday & watch my baby girl grow up. In any case, I am touched that she picked me for this award. Thank you again, Court!

Here is the business end of this award...
This award comes with a few rules:
  • Put the logo on your blog or post.
  • Nominate at least 10 blogs which show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE!
  • Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
  • Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  • Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Now for the recipients...(Not sure that I know 10 bloggers who haven't already received this award, but I will try.)
  1. Danielle at An Eagle's View & Blog Stalkers Unite. She's awesome. You only need to read a couple of her posts to see her gratitude & great attitude. Go on, go visit her...
  2. April at April Showers Blog Design because even through her recent Lap Band surgery (her "Bubba" got his on the same day), she has this amazing attitude. I never heard her complain once. She was just grateful & ready to start getting healthy. And she is an unbelievable blog designer (and reasonably priced, too).
  3. Kelly {The Booger Queen, formerly known as The Neurotic Mom} at Baby Boogers, who because of some evil entity, had to shut down her blog, The Neurotic Mom, but came out with Baby Boogers. Same neurosis, different name. She is very cool. I am sure she doesn't know me from Adam (I lurk on my Google Reader), but I would like her to know that I am grateful she found another way, and a very funny, cool bloggy title, to keep us up to date with her brand of craziness. Personally, I would have been plotting some kind of revenge against the butthead who shut her down....but, again, I digress.
  4. ChicagoLady at I Dont Care What You Say Anymore, This Is My Life because I just love her. I love that she is a faithful commenter/follower on my blog. She is funny, and more importantly, brutally honest. I love that! And although I do not comment near enough on her blog, I faithfully stalk her from my Google Reader. And the title of her blog is one of my favorite songs.
  5. Abi at I'm Abi..., my follower from across "The Pond" (I'm international, don't you know!). She is a very young Mum of 3 little ones & trying to become a counselor. She had a bout of Post Partum (called Post Natal over there) Depression, but seems to be working through it well. She is honest about all aspects of her life and that takes some brass cahones. I also stalk her from my Google Reader & don't comment at her place as much as I would like to do.
  6. LadyStyx at LadyStyx's Blog. Honest, forthright, with a thing for vanity license plates (she'd have a field day with mine!), you will love her, too, I'm sure! I also, stalk her on my Reader, as you will see with most of the blogs I follow.
  7. Margaret at Nannie Goats In Panties because she never fails to make me laugh. And because I love, love, love the title of her blog. Read her "About" page...it's hilarious!
  8. Cheryl at non compos mentis because she is funny. And honest (are we seeing a theme here?). Oh, and she absolutely loves sarcasm, something I have an abundance of. And maybe this will get her to finally update her bloggy (hint, hint).
  9. Michelle at My Crazy Life With A Toddler because she is in the same boat as me, just trying to keep sane & make a little cash from her blogging (another one I stalk from my Reader). And because of this post.
  10. Courtney at Blogging*Matilda, with whom, even though we are at complete opposite ends politically, I share a love of DIY Home Improvement & Martha Stewart {Although I truly believe she is evil (Martha, not Courtney), I do want her house & decorating skills}. She is also an "Original MassHole", a law student and resides in New England, where I dream of living & raising my family.
Holy Crap!! I did it!! That took forever. Not only because I had to decide on 10 bloggers who hadn't already gotten this award, but because my new wireless keyboard seems to be possessed & keeps repeating letters or won't respond at all. Every time I hit it, my Husband says "Ro...er...Shan, no hitting!" (ah, parenting!) To which I respond, "This thing is possessed & I am going to hit it until it does what I want." (Or I kill it...hehe)


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Abi said...

Oh my goodness thank you!

I didn't realise you had been through cervical cancer - what an absolute nightmare. I don't have the words to convey what I want to say! But... well done.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for the award and the linky love. I'm so excited that you thought of me. Thanks so much. I truly appreciate it. I love your blog too. You always have something inspirational to read.

The Head Eagle said...

Wow! THANK YOU! I'm honored! You are much to kind!

ChicagoLady said...

Thank you so much! I don't think anyone's ever told me that brutal honesty is a good thing, lol. I'll be back in a bit to grab my award; right now I have to go outside and start clearing all the snow off my car.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Awwwww, thank you so much for this award - I really appreciate it! And thank you for the kind words - it means a lot to me!

- Margaret

Queenie Jeannie said...

Congratulations on your award! You soooo deserve it!!!

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |