Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Think The Universe Just Shifted....

First, I opened my email today to find that someone has actually PAID me to advertise on my blog. WOO HOO! Well, sort of...after PayPal gets their share, I make all of 66 cents {Hey what happened to the little "cents" symbol on my keyboard?}. I meant to increase my link price to $5, but I forgot...But, hey, it's something AND a step in the right direction.

Speaking of directions, I have been asked to write for an online humor magazine. I did not solicit this invitation. They found MOI! I don't think I would be getting paid for this, but my BFF Carol is encouraging me to do it anyway. She says that either way I would then be a published author. Not self published, but actually honest to goodness published by an objective entity. She thinks this is something I can promote and possibly turn into a paid writing job or advertising on my bloggy. The paid part would make my husband "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!", the doing it for free will be seen as just another hobby keeping me from cleaning the house and doing laundry. {Exactly when did my "progressive" Husband morph into 1950's sexist pig man?}

The requirements for this writing position are that I have to write something embarrassing about myself and it has to be funny. Here are my other "problems"...Nothing embarrassing happens to me. It always happens to the people I am with. {Man, oh man, do I have some blackmail stories about Carol! She was always the crazy one...} OK, I will admit that embarrassing things have, in fact, happened to MOI, although not that much. Alright...stuff like that always happens to me. So I do have material to write about, I just don't really think I am that funny.

I want to do this. I really, really want to do this. I just don't want to fall flat on my face trying to write for a humor magazine. How truly embarrassing would that be? So, my dear readers, what do you think? Should I go for it even though it's not a paid gig, put up with my Neanderthal Husband's rants and risk failing miserably on a virtually global scale? Or should I just plug along here at my bloggy where I am the only fish in my very own pond?

{Note to the Gum Chewin' One: Now that I may be a real life published author, will you put my picture up in the Gallery already? MUAH!}
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. GO FOR IT!!!! I know you can do this!

Julia said...

So I am thinking writing for pay is automatically a good thing. And on the humorous stuff, I think you could write up the others experience incognito like...it was you with the silly things happening. That's the freedom with writing.

ChicagoLady said...

I totally think you should go for it. You have nothing to lose. And who knows, if they like it, maybe they'll pay you for future articles? Or maybe someone else will see it and want to pay you to write for them?

Bee and Rose said...

You have to do this!!! You have nothing to lose here! They found you for a reason, girly!!! I say go for it all the way! (Congrats!)

LadyStyx said...

You can do this...we have confidence in you!!

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |