Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Walkin'. Yes, Indeed!

Last night I sent my Husband to the store to get a few groceries. Five minutes later he was back. The car had died down the street and wouldn't start back up. I got The Diva and I dressed and we all walked to where the car was to see if it was something we could fix ourselves. It wasn't. I strapped Miss Ro into her car seat and we attempted to PUSH the car back up the street, around the corner and into our driveway.

Luckily a couple of very nice men stopped their car, got out and helped us push the 1/3 mile back to our house. There really are some caring generous people out in this world of ours willing to help a stranger in need {Thank you, whoever you are, for your kindness}. We don't have the money to get the car fixed. I just paid all our bills. And if it is the same thing that happened back in January, the mechanic will not give me a warranty on it!


My husband had to call in sick to work today because he couldn't get a ride. The car needs to be towed to a mechanic to even get looked at {more money} and then I have to be able to pay for the repairs and still pay the rent and have money for groceries, gas, baby stuff, etc. OH JOY! My birthday is Sunday {Guess who isn't getting a birthday dinner/present?}, The Diva's is the 10th. Oy Vie!

Do I have a black cloud hanging over me or something, like that kid from Peanuts? Why can't we ever just get a little bit ahead?

{Heavenly Father, I promise if you let us win the lottery, or get a little bit above water somehow, I will give you your tithing, no matter what my Heathen Husband says! Please just help us out here. I know you have a plan for us God, but I'm thinking it doesn't include my Husband losing his job due to absenteeism or leaving us without transportation. Or broke. Or desperate. Please fix this. Thank you for keeping my family together and that no one is hurt or deathly ill. Thank you for our home and everything you have given us. I leave it in your hands. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.}
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Shannon, that's horrible! I hope that everything works out OK.

America's Next Top Mommy said...

Hi there, just visiting from Missy's blog. Nice to meet you.

I know exactly how you feel in that sometimes it's a one step forward, two step back process. You're right. All we can do is hope and pray and make it through each day as best we can.

Wishing you the best!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I too am one of those who barely makes it from one pay day to the next.....so I feel your pain. I will pray that you find relief.

The Head Eagle said...

I hope everything works out! This is where I tell you "It will get better". "You will figure it out"....but that horse honkey won't fix the car. So I won't say anything..I will just sit here and stare at you, or your comment box rather!

(Did I at least make you smile? If so..then mission accomplished. If not..I've failed miserably, and I will be back to try again)

ChicagoLady said...

Double darn! I know you had just mentioned about your concern that the van wasn't going to last much longer, but I'm sure you were hoping it would hold on a bit longer than this.

I'll be praying that something positive comes to you from all this.

Crafty Coco said...

Still trying to win the lottery over here :) If I do, your car will be fixed :) Until then I will keep my fingers crossed for you... Hang in there.

Claire said...

Ugh, aint thatta bitch mama! I totally know how it goes ( moooree than you know!) I'm not the praying type but I'll send out some funky weird hippie love/good vibes or something equally as fabulous for you guys!!! And a hug, of course.
I always tell myself "when shits this bad, it CANT get worse!"

;-)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh Shannon! That all just sucks so bad!!!! BIG HUGS! It will get better - I promise!!!!

LadyStyx said...

Sometimes that's all you can do...leave it in His hands.

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |