Sunday, November 23, 2008

MomDot Blog Party: Day 5


Sponsors: Day Five Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Baby Pop and Chic Covers

VIP BLOGS to visit are: Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT



Today, make a blog post about what you do to give back during the holidays. Do you volunteer your time? If so, please tell us where. What do you do to teach your children the true meaning of the holidays?

I, unfortunately do not have time to volunteer that way that I want to, however, we always give to Toys for Tots & choose a name off the giving tree at our local mall, funds permitting.

I have always told my daughter that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, even when she was too young to comprehend anything (I do the same with Easter). I think it is important to stress that Christmas is about giving & not about how many toys you get. That is why it bugs me so much when any mention of "Merry Christmas" is replaced with "Happy Holidays". If it is Hannukah, say "Happy Hannukah". If it's Christmas, say "Merry Christmas". I hate the whole "we can't offend anyone, must make it generic attitude" this time of year. It's called CHRISTmas for a reason! I also believe in teaching the true Biblical meaning of this time of year & I will hopefully get her to keep that feeling everyday.

It is important to be thankful for what you do have, even if it's not much. We are together, alive & relatively healthy. We have a roof over our heads, my husband has a decent job, we have food to eat & comfy beds to sleep in. And we have love. The love of each other & more importantly, the love of our God. What more do we really need? Everything else is just possessions, things. Those can be replaced, our family cannot.



Photobucket

Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |