Sunday, November 23, 2008

MomDot Blog Party: Day 4


Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama

VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT



What is your favorite Holiday recipe?


My favorite holiday recipes are my Mother's Stuffing (it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas without it!) & my Godmother's Mother's Almond Crescent Cookies. Both are family secrets so I can't post the recipes here. Sorry!

Describe your Holiday table.

My holiday table has a roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, yams, rolls, green bean casserole (new item since last year), pumpkin pie & my homemade no bake cheesecake. We eat until we are stuffed and then open up the fridge again for a midnight snack of leftovers. We eat turkey & stuffing for days after. It's awesome!

What is your biggest Holiday cooking disaster?


My biggest cooking disaster is the first year I tried to make Thanksgiving from scratch. My husband & I had been married just over a year & he ended up having to work on Thanksgiving day. It would have been impossible for us to make it up to L.A. in time for the family dinner, so I decided to cook. I had never cooked a turkey before. I didn't know my oven was not calibrated right. It took me 6 1/2 hours to cook a 10 lb. turkey!! It was bad. My stuffing was excellent, though!

My husband has some memory of me trying to make a whole pumpkin pie from scratch. I'm talkin' get the pumpkin, clean it, peel it, cook it, mash it...that kind of scratch. That is entirely too much work for me. I do not remember attempting to do this. He swears I did. And in his memory it turned out very badly. Maybe I did & I blocked it out. Maybe. I really think my husband is either smokin' crack or has a touch of early onset Alzheimer's, because that ain't something I would do. But, then again, anything is possible! (Yeah, no, not really. I was just being nice. I never did it. Hubs is smokin' crack!)


Photobucket

Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |