Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just Another Wordless Wednesday...

This is the beautiful peacock or kee-cock, as The Diva calls them, that we saw as we were feeding the baby deer {Bambi} outside the "Mountain Safari" museum at Oak Tree Village in Oak Glen, CA {Next to the Petting Zoo} last week. My Aunt and Uncle took us there to celebrate The Diva's birthday, belatedly. It was a ton of fun and the restaurant they took us to had wonderful food.

The Diva feeding the baby deer.


The reason I sound winded on the video is because the Zoo is in the mountains and the Petting Zoo itself is not on flat ground. Try running after a very excited preschooler in sandals on steep slopes. you'd be winded, too.





This area also has huge apple orchards/farms and big old fashioned hayrides and harvest festivals in the Fall. Guess where we're going come apple picking and pumpkin season?



14 comments:

blueviolet said...

I have always loved petting zoos like that! :)

Misadventurous Mommy said...

My kids love petting zoos but I would be a liar if I said they didn't give me the creeps...not sure why though!

Great pics!

Lizzie said...

Oh my gosh, I went to Oak Glen once when I was a kid! I grew up in San Bernardino. :)

tara said...

so cute :) My kids love going to the zoo/petting zoo. I always feel so gosh darn bad for those animals though!

Amanda said...

Looks like fun! I get winded almost eveyr day trying to chase my boys, so I can sympathize.

Cheryl said...

Such great pictures and videos! My daughter is afraid of petting zoos!

Tiaras said...

well that looks like one fantastic day!

LadyStyx said...

Havent been to a petting zoo in years. Time to get myself over to one and run this camera through it's paces!

Swoozie said...

Wow ~~ sounds a step above your average petting zoo!
Looks like The Dive had fun!

Susan said...

How fun.

Haasiegirl said...

oooooh, i love love the zoo!!!!!

trisha
momdot

Marianna said...

Zoos are so much fun!

Sarah @ Mom Balance said...

We were at a zoo this past week, too! It wasn't quite the workout that one was, though!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looks like alot of fun!

 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |