Monday, September 14, 2009

The First Day Of Preschool And Mama Is Freaking Out...

The Diva, my precious {And precocious} baby girl, starts her very first ever day of preschool in 9 hours and 30 minutes. I am freaking out!

What if she gets scared and cries for us? What if the teacher or other kids think she's weird? OY! Yes, I am nervous as hell. I have no idea why. And I know, for certain, that I am going to lose it completely.


When, how did my baby grow up so fast? I feel like I blinked and I missed something significant. The funny thing is, I need her to go to school...I need a break. Some quiet time. Uninterrupted thoughts. Alone time. And she needs to be in school. She needs to be with kids her own age. She needs to socialize more and make new friends.

Is this normal? Or am I freaking out for nothing? I mean she's not leaving home, she is just going to preschool for a mere 3 hours a day. Of course it is the totally PC preschool, so that may be part of it. Plus I am afraid they will give her the H1N1 {Swine Flu} vaccination, which we are against, without our permission {They are giving them to the students during class, or so we have been told}. But the biggest thing for me is that my baby is growing up...too fast, in my opinion.

I just can't shake this feeling that I have missed something truly important and momentous. I feel like I had my eyes closed for way too long during that particular blink. Or maybe I am just a Mama who loves her daughter dearly and cannot fathom that she is not a baby anymore.

CRRRAAAAPPPP! Now I want to have another baby. That's going to take a miracle and a half to accomplish.

OY!!!



3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

You know what is going to happen? She's going to go, be fine and have a blast. You're going to sit home, worry, and stress out only to find out she had a blast and you wasted your ALONE TIME stressin' about nothing.

Ain't it great???

Hugs to ya!

ChicagoLady said...

You're just a mama who loves her daughter dearly and cannot fathom that she is not a baby anymore. It probably didn't help that you were up thinking about all this at 2am, lol.

I can't wait to hear how her first day went!

Jennifer said...

It's going to be much harder for you then her. In no time though, you'll be just fine with it and you'll definitely look forward to those 3 hours a day all to yourself... TRUST ME! :) Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |