Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pampers Easy~Ups vs. Huggies Pull~Ups: A Review...Of Sorts

Just after I started my blog, I asked a friend of mine from a chat room I go to (a big MUAH to all my RickChat friends!) if he would take a look at my site & tell me what he thought. He is a real internet dude & has a few of his own sites & blogs, so I figured he might be able to give me some good advice on how to bring in traffic to my bloggy blog & how to make some money from it as well.

He liked my site, but said I had a lot of competition out there & that I needed to have really good content & give information to my readers. Basically, he said don't just be another crazy mommy blogger. He also suggested that I review something. I had no idea at the time what useful information I would have to give my visitors nor any clue what I could possibly critique that would be of interest to anyone out there in the blogosphere.

After pondering on this for a while, and knowing full well that I am not going to have a merchant just offer me nifty products to review, neither do I have the disposable cash to buy any cool new items to play around with, I have come up with the following, something I do, in fact, have a very strong opinion on...


Do not buy these, they suck the Big Kahuna. They do not fit well nor do they contain any bodily fluids as stated on the package.

Pull~Ups leak & will leave your child with pee running down their leg and onto the floor in the middle of Wal~Mart.

The "easy open sides" are pretty cool, though. Of course, this is the only positive thing I can say about this product.


Buy these. They don't suck.

Pampers
Easy Ups are awesome! They fit well & perform the way the company says they will. There are only three drawbacks for me:

1) if your child has a poopy butt, then you have to rip open the sides of the training pant in order to keep from getting dookie all over your young'un's heiney & clothing.

2) They only come with Dora the Explorer on them. That is a problem for us because my Husband's youngest niece looked just like Dora (she even had the same haircut!
LOL) when she was a toddler/preschooler. Now, every time we see a Dora product, we say "Look it's Cousin Makayla!" Consequently, our daughter now says the same thing when she sees Dora.

3) The "feel and learn liner" does not phase The Diva, at all. And yes, we are still trying to get her completely potty trained. She is being stubborn. (I wonder where she gets that from??)

So there is my first "product analysis". I hope it was helpful.

And hey, it's only my opinion...

3 comments:

LadyStyx said...

What a wonderful idea to review. You never know who may be reading and the new mommies need to know this stuff! Not that Im a mommy or anything...I do aspire to be one someday though and will need to know these things.

Julia said...

Thanks for my chuckle for the day! I have not used either of these since I am going the "green" route when I can. But damn it if they aren't expensive. I think I pay 12 for a pack of Seventh Generation pull ups. It's highway robbery at it's finest. And the cute little 1, 2, and a picture of a flippin' tree (for 3) just does not make up for it.

Merry Christmas!

babyrocasmama said...

Julia~~ Eco friendly pull~ups? UMMMM, EEEEWWWWWW!

But *you go girl* if it floats your boat. I am not washing poopy diapers for anyone. Although I did have some weird vision of being all "earth mother" while I was pregnant. That notion went out the window rather quickly!

I also said she was not going to watch TV...ever! Yeah right! LOL

LadyStyx~~Thank you! And I hope you get your wish of being a Mommy someday soon. *Hugs*

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Blingee Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Those Damn Voices Again.... | © 2008~2009 Last Shreds Of Sanity™ ~ Baby Roca's Mama™ ~ All Rights Reserved |